We developed Hacking the Gender Gap as an interactive workshop to explore strategies for improving the gender ratio in tech fields and share experiences of gender and technology. Georgia, Steph, and Sarah debuted the activity at the Women in Tech Summit in April 2012, and since then we’ve put it on at:
- Adacamp, Washington DC (July 2012)
- HOPE 9, New York City (July 2012)
- HacDC, Washington DC (September 2012)
- Geek Girl Dinners, Philadelphia (January 2013)
- Trans Technology: Circuits of Culture, Self, Belonging, Rutgers University (March 2013)
This timeline displays stories we’ve collected at previous events. It’s been nominated for the Geekadelphia 2013 Web Project of the Year! We’re planning to add more data and features, including a webform to gather experiences from a wider audience. You might also want to check out our list of resources & references. If you want to Hack the Gender Gap at your event, contact us!